Wednesday, 5 June 2013

Turn That Frown Upside Down: How To Turn Negativity Into Positivity!

 
 
 
Why do you doubt yourself? Always thinking your not good enough, I can’t possibly achieve that! But in reality anything you dream you have the magic inside of you to make it come true. So why do you believe your inner negative critic?
 


My personal opinion on this is that it’s so you don’t feel let down when things don’t go the way you want them to. For example you might think you did great in a maths test but later on you find out you didn’t pass which leads to disappointed and self loathing. So the next time you start to think you’re not going to do so well so if you don’t pass you expected it and you’re not as upset. It then becomes easier to believe the negative. You are practically setting yourself up for failure! You will always be thinking you will never succeed and that you are destined to fail. With this way of thinking you will never reach your full potential!
 

How do you turn negative thinking into positive? Well personally I love to fight my negative thoughts with positive ones for example my inner critic might say I will never succeed in achieving my dreams; I’m just not good enough. Looking in the mirror I tell myself I WILL and I AM succeeding and I have everything in my soul to achieve. Saying this with confidence and emotion! Then I’ll write my positive affirmation down either on a piece of paper or on my body. I like to then close my eyes for 5 minutes and visualise myself doing, achieving and succeeding in that task. This programs my mind into positivity. Overtime doing this helps to approach all aspects of life with positive thinking from I’ll never get my dream job to I’m not good enough for him.
 
 
One other thing I LOVE doing is creating a room full of happiness and love, this just so happens to be my bedroom! I draw pictures of tattoos I want, every time I feel down I will write a positive quote and put it on my walls needless to say I have a about 300 pieces of paper on my walls including the ceiling! I have pictures of my dreams and goals, poems I write, a bucket list, drawings, paintings, any form of piece of paper that says I’ve achieved something such as passing my course. I even have a letter from one of my doctors who said I was healthy enough to exercise! Oh and I can’t forget the pictures of some hot tattooed guys ;) Now this may sound like I’m one those creepy stalker people with one of those creepy montage walls… but in a happy way!

Creating a space like this reminds you of all the things you have achieved and all the things you will achieve. Sometimes when your feeling down you forget about the littlest things that make you smile and laugh and you need a reminder of your direction and your magic to cheer you up. This is a space that’s your own, where you can blast music and shake that booty, do a twirl and have a laugh; sing Britney Spears upside down, do yoga to metal music, dream happy things (Not those kind of happy things!!!!! Well… go on then if you want to :p). This is the stuff happiness is made out of! So the next time your thinking negative, think the positive version let it fill your soul and make you smile for all your magic lies directly within you!
 

 
 

My key tips on positive thinking!
 
·     Every time you have a negative thought say a positive one (Now this may be a lot to start off with but it gets better I promise!)
 
·     Look in the mirror while saying your positive affirmation, say it with emotion and confidence
 
·     Write it down on a piece of paper or on your body (By the way I’m not responsible if you die from ink poisoning :p)
 
·     Visualise!
 
·     Create a sanctuary of positivity and happiness!
 
 
Love from the land of magic
Rainbow :) xoxo
 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Rainbow, you're room seems like the place I (if I were you) would go if I was feeling down, it sounds like a positive inspiring place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha aww thank you Catherine! Wow this post is like 2 years old, my 1st I think lol!

      Delete
  2. Haha, I went on a mission to find your first post and comment on it!

    Catherine
    smileycentral106.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete