Tuesday, 29 October 2013

How To Stop Comparing Yourself To Others!


"I wish my body was like hers, she is so skinny" "Why aren't I pretty like all those other girls?" "Why did he choose her over me?"

Comparing yourself to others is such a negative mindset full of worthlessness, self hate, guilt, jealousy and bitchiness in which you start to hate on yourself, others or even compete against other people to prove a sense of self worth. This is truly not a happy place to be in and can lead to dangerous disorders and behaviours. 

At some point in life and several times during life in fact every person will compare themselves to others and start to feel their insecurities take over. It's ok to feel what your feeling and is normal to go through this but it all lies in how you deal with it and how you act. I struggled with comparing myself a lot during my childhood and through my ED which nearly destroyed me, even now I still struggle but I have learnt to focus on who I am, my talents and my journey which has in turn lead to me comparing myself to others a lot less.

So how do you stop comparing yourself to others? Here are my top 5 tips!

My Top 5 Tips On How To Stop Comparing Yourself To Others!
  1. Everyone has a story: Yes every single person in this world has a story! A story of what they've gone through, why they are who they are and why they do what they do... including you! It's so important to realise this and to know everyone is different, has insecurities, talents and are on different paths in there journey. Understanding your own journey is so important too as no one else has gone through exactly what you've gone through so comparing yourself to someone else's life is so irrelevant to where you are in your own. Believing in your journey and understanding that everyone has a story helps you to become less concerned about comparing yourself to others and lets you focus on where you want to go in life and what you want to achieve. P.S I love observing people and learning about others stories to inspire and remind me we ALL have a story that changes the world!
  2. Inspiration: When you compare yourself to someone else it becomes very easy for it to come out as jealousy and hate. Everyone does this at some point but it is not ok! Being jealous and hating on someone isn't going to make them stop or change nor is it going to magically make you have what they have, all it does is show your insecurities and negativity. Every time you start to feel that comparing, jealous and hate rear its ugly head through the door respond with love. Let what they have or do inspire you, complement them, ask them questions about what they have or do and let it motivate you in your goals! Always work on responding with love and letting what others do fill your heart with inspiration. 
  3. Goals/Dreams: What are my goals and dreams? Sit down with a pen, paper, Internet, books, magazines and write it all down no matter how big or small. Plan and make little goals and steps to reach your dreams!
  4. Take action: Your dreams don't work unless you do! Get planning, go out and do! Even when your scared, tired and want to give up, keep moving and doing!
  5. Work hard: Success doesn't know tired, excuses, or comparing yourself to others it only knows hard work. If you happen to fall get back up and keep trying. Surround yourself with loving, positive people who believe in your goals, dreams and will support you. This is your life, your journey so make it everything you want it to be!
Comparing yourself to others is no way to live your life. Believe in your story, in who you are and all the magic inside your heart. Let others inspire you and take action towards your goals, then you will be everything you dream!

Check out some of my other posts!

Love from the land of magic
Rainbow :) xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment