Sunday, 5 October 2014

Fitness Motivation: Leg Exercises I've Been Loving Lately!

On my quest for all things health, strength and muscle I've been making my lower body especially my ass my main focus to grow and gain strength in as it's my weaker body part. My trainers have incorporated some great exercises in my programmes the last few months so I thought I'd share the ones I've been really loving lately!
 
Squats x3 pulses: 1 rep = squat with 3 pulses at the bottom. 1 set = squat with 3 pulses at the bottom x10. You can do these with a barbell or on a smith machine. Go just below 90 degrees, if it helps use a bench or stack some plates up. THESE SLAUGHTER YOUR LEGS! 



Barbell hip thrust: That ass will burn baby! Although this exercise may look and feel awarded to do ;) it really is a great booty builder! For a bad ass burn do 4 sets of 25 reps. 
 



Pistol squats (One legged squat): This exercise is hard so start with one of the progressions seen in the video below. Remember to pull yourself up with as much as your leg strength as possible while using your hands as a bit of extra help. Also start on your weakest leg.


 
Leg press superset:set = 10 reps then straight into 12 reps. For your 10 reps have it on a lighter weight then up it another weight notch for the 12 reps. Depending on what muscle you want to target more you can push through the front part of your foot to make it quad dominant or for ass dominant push through your heels.
 
 

5 minutes walking lunges: Burn baby burn! Do this exercise body weight for 5 minutes straight and trust me you'll be really starting to feel this by 3 minutes! Over the weeks if you notice it's starting to feel a bit easier add some dumbbells each hand even if it's 1 or 2kg.

  
Happy leg day! :D 
 
With love
Rainbow :) xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment