Monday, 25 May 2015

Transforming Your Body!


The other week I came across a blog with a video from a young woman on "how to get a big booty and abs fast" which consisted of telling people to squat while blowing raspberries... I cringed and was deeply angered and saddened by this video because of the misinformation and ridiculousness of it. I also had a similar experience last year when I was in a health food shop and their were 2 girls in front of me one of them buying some form of detox product, her friend turned to her and said "You ready to get skinny bitch?" whether she was being serious or not I don't know, I again cringed and felt extremely angry and saddened. Quick fixes, dangerous fads and misinformation is everywhere from detoxes, losing 10 pounds in 2 weeks, diet pills, thigh gaps, ridiculous diets, false information and selling of supplements and workout equipment. The world needs to spend more time educating and helping people instead of damaging them for the sake of money and exposure.

The truth to transforming your body is a good training plan, good nutrition, rest, time and your mind set, it basically comes down to those 5 things. I highly recommend investing in a Personal Trainer to help you in your journey in giving you the right help, knowledge and support, if a Personal Trainer is not an affordable option seek out information and educate yourself from RELIABLE sources such as Strength Sensei, I also really love Little b's website.

It's not about a quick fix or changing your diet and exercise regime in one go it's about making small changes that add up to big ones which make it a lifestyle and sustainable. Everyone is different and what works for some may not work for others but there is a way for everyone but it does take hard work, determination and persistence. It will not and does not take 2 weeks, just eating salad and some fruit, a detox diet, just doing ab crunches to get abs, "squatting and blowing raspberries" or excessive exercising, quick fixes are exactly that and will eventually lead you into either giving up or into a dangerous road.

It's also important for you to realise that there are many things that play into the images you're seeing within the fitness community from some of those people having years of training, good nutrition and bloody hard work time after time under their belts, to some also having good genetics, to others who are using illegal substances, photos being photo shopped and unhealthy images... this can be the case with images of fitness competitors just before a show or their stage photos. They have spent weeks dieting down and have extremely low body fat which is unsustainable and unhealthy and are often depleted of water just before a show. They usually only hold this look for a couple of days max and then "reverse diet" after a show, they do not hold that image all year round. There is whole lot more behind the images then just what you're looking at.

Having come from Anorexia and also genetically being tiny it takes a lot of time and food to transform my body which when you're fighting a mental illness that doesn't want you to eat or gain weight it can become extremely brutal at times. When I first started training my trainer at the time told me it would take 2-3 years to get to what I wanted for my dream body, 3 1/2 years of training and I'm not there yet but I'm well on the way and have gained a lot of knowledge, strength and badassness along the way. I've experienced a lot of highs and lows through out my journey so far, my highs including 60kg 1 rep max deadlift, 10 minute plank, 34 boy push ups, squatting my bodyweight, seeing my abs, having guns to flex, smashing insane workouts to my lows including sickness, injury, crying through meals, struggling with the weight gain to build muscle and being so smashed from workouts to go home and cry afterwards. This is one of my passions/callings and has helped me with fighting my eating disorder and I treasure this journey with all my heart.

"It's about the journey, not the destination."

I wanted to write this post for everyone who has tried or thought about quick fixes and the constant messages, selling and images of it, you deserve better knowledge, help and inspiration than that. What I'm saying my seem like the hard path but it is the path most worthy, with the most results and sustainability. 

With love
Rainbow :) xoxo

Some other post you may like:


14 comments:

  1. What I love most about the image you posted on the top is how your face seems to become brighter and brighter. Like, you can really see how you became not only more healthy, but also more confident, happier. Young girls being undereducated about gaining/ loosing weight and therefore doing very dangerous things is such a sad thing. I wish there was some kind of class in school, dedicated to food, health and nutrition only. Thank you for this wonderful entry. After 3,5 years, you achieved quite a lot.♥
    letscoba.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww thank you, thank you, thank you! I wholeheartedly agree with you, school doesn't teach you so much like the food, health, nutrition and self love stuff which are all extremely valuable knowledge and tools to have in life. Thank you again for such a beautiful comment Coba, it means a lot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohh *-* very cool *-* it's beautiful!
    diariodelolivlet.blogspot.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  4. I truly love this post so much!! You can really see how far you've come and how much all of your hard work has paid off. I admire that with your experience you have become a stronger person, from the way that you write and the way you carry yourself you seem so brave! and bad ass ;) haha Take care. :)

    -Crystal
    http://crystallizeddaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you and thank you so much for the support Crystal it means a lot! :) We are all badass! You take care too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a transformation! Also, your hair in 2013 was the bomb!

    theamandaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is so inspirational! Thank you for sharing your story ♥ I love the quote: "It´s about the journey, not the destination". Btw. your hair looks gorgeous!!!!
    xoxo,
    snowprincessbella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was such an inspiring post thank you so much for sharing it! I agree completely "s about making small changes that add up to big ones which make it a lifestyle and sustainable." Very wise words :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Have a beautiful day Alexandria! :)

      Delete
  9. I believe that being skinny is different from being fit and healthy. It's frustrating how some slimming products lead people into thinking these two are the same. For me, achieving a fit and healthy body requires hard work, discipline, and a lot of patience. I hope others will realize that losing so much weight in an instant is not really good for the body. Thanks for sharing this, Rainbow! Keep inspiring more people! :-)

    Margaretta Cloutier @ Aspire Wellness Center

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish that they just got rid of slimming products all together and educated and helped people, it's truly sad how misleading and messed up society can be. Thank you so much, have a beautiful day Margaretta! <3

      Delete