Monday, 29 June 2015

Easy Protein Oats Recipes!


I thought I would share my easy, simple and healthy variations of protein oats recipes, you can chuck these guys together in no time and change them up easy enough with some different fruits! These are my favourite meals to eat pre-workout because they are healthy and simple and they include carbs, protein and healthy fats to fuel my workouts. Hope you have some fun trying them out and enjoy!

Egg White Oats:
1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup egg whites
1/2 cup water
1 banana
1Tbsp. peanut butter
1/2 tsp. cinnamon

Add water, egg whites and oats into a pan on medium heat and stir until cooked (will pretty much look like normal cooked oats). Slice up banana, add in peanut butter and top with cinnamon. Easy peasy!

Protein Yogurt Oats:
1/2 cup oats
1 scoop protein powder (any flavour)
1 cup yogurt
1/2 cup blueberries
1/2 cup raspberries
Handful almonds

Add all ingredients to a bowl, mix well and devour!

Overnight Protein Oats:
*This goody is from Little b's healthy habits, check her out!
1/2 cup oats
1 apple
1 Tbsp. peanut butter
1 scoop protein powder (any flavour)
Water

Add oats, protein powder, apple and peanut butter to a bowl, add just enough water to mix, cover bowl and leave in the fridge overnight. The oats will soak up the water leaving a delicious bowl of healthy goodness!

With love
Rainbow :) xoxo

28 comments:

  1. yummy

    http://carrieslifestyle.wordpress.com
    Posts online about Vienna, Provence, Buenos Aires....

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all great recipes! I have been eating porridge quite often and I love the idea of mixing in egg whites. Thanks for sharing.
    Have a great day gem!
    MUCH LOVE KAREN
    (STYLESMORGASBORD) [BLOGLOVIN])

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha at first when I heard about both of them together I was like what?!?! but it works really well! Naww thank you, you have a great day too Karen! :)

      Delete
  3. This looks really healthy and tasty! Thanks for sharing!

    Prudence
    http://www.prudencepetitestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The egg white oats and overnight oats both look delicious! Definitely going to have to give them a go! I hope you are having a great start to the week my gorgeous friend! XO -Kim
    www.thethirtysomethinglife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy! :D Naww thank you Kim, you too! May there be lots of happiness and laughter! :)

      Delete
  5. Oh WOOW!!! This looks sooo divine, I need protein my way
    I'm stealing this recipe off ya haha
    I hope mine tastes nice

    http://itsjustwinnie.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks and sounds delicious, I've never tried making oatmeal with protein powder, but it's definitely about time I do! :)
    Urban Obsessions // Vegan Food & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! You can make protein muffins and pancakes with it too! ;)

      Delete
  7. I'm not really a big fan of oats but I have to admit that this sounds and looks pretty damn good!! :D I'm going to try and attempt to make this soon and start making breakfast a priority because I usually tend to skip over it which is pretty bad.

    -Crystal
    http://crystallizeddaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never liked them growing up but then grew to love them making them with water or eating them raw. Yay, have fun Crystal! :D

      Delete
  8. I've been doing Bodypump for a long time and the squats and lunges are just stinking hard for me. It's all because I walk pigeon toed and on the side of my feet, I was recently told by my teacher that it could eventually lead to a knee injury. So, my question is what kind of stretches would help with it?

    TOSHIBA PVM-375AT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes Bodypump was my addiction a few years ago! ;) I would recommend going to see a personal trainer and getting some help from them even just for a few sessions, I'm unfamiliar with how to correct pigeon toes and you'll probably get the most from seeing someone in person to make sure how to best to do the stretches and any other pointers to help. :)

      Delete
  9. I really like your recipes, all of them are so healthy and sounds delicious, especially first recipe because I love everything with cinnamon :) Moreover, I really like oats, because they're full of protein :) And btw, sorry that I didn't answer to the question about my creativity on Monday, because on that day I had my Master's defence ;)

    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ivonne! :) Haha yes cinnamon is a winner! No worries it was only if you wanted too :)

      Delete
  10. this looks sooo healthy and yummy ^^

    I followed you on bloglovin
    Let me know if you'd like to follow back ^^

    Lauren xx | laurlauu . beauty . fashion . life . blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naww thank you! Yay, yes I'm following! Have a lovely day Lauren! :)

      Delete
  11. i've been meaning to try overnight oats, thanks for sharing!

    danielle | avec danielle // giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They work really well! Thank you! Have a beautiful day Danielle! :)

      Delete
  12. This sounds delicious! Will definitely give it a try :)

    Sarah | sarahanne14.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for this recipe! It sounds like the perfect workout meal.

    astylishlovestory.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete