Monday, 22 June 2015

The Blog Tour Award!


Last week I was nominated to do The Blog Tour Award by the beautiful Crystal from Crystallized Daises, go her check her out, she is such a lovely gem! ;). She shares her life experiences, thoughts and opinions which I just adore reading about and this girl seriously has the best gifs in the blogging town! 

The award rules:
1. Pass the tour on to at least four other bloggers.
2. Give your nominees the rules and specify the Monday in which they should post their nomination answers.
3. Answer the four questions about your creative process, which allows other bloggers and visitors to understand what inspires you to do what you do.
4. Compose this one-time post on a specific Monday (date TBC by your nominator)

My Answers:

1. How does your work differ from others in your genre? I just share my unique self, my journey and knowledge, I think that's the really beautiful thing about bloggers is everyone is just sharing their individuality and doing their own thing.

2. How does your writing/creative process work? I'm inspired by my own struggles and triumphs, those around me, conversations I have with people, quotes, people, situations and conversations I observe, documentaries, TV shows, books and music. Sometimes I write in a way that it's like an alter ego giving myself advice and wisdom that I need and I know others need too. I post 3 times a week usually always at least one self love post, a weekly inspirations and another post for whatever I feel like. If you guys want to see more health/fitness posts let me know and what you would want to see... workouts perhaps?. I tend not write too much on the health/fitness side of it besides my own journey here and there and things like how to get abs because I get a bit stuck on what people would want to know about.

3. Why do you write and create what you do? Creativity is a part of me, is my home and something I need to do to not self destruct. I started writing poetry/song lyrics through my eating disorder to let out and make sense of what was happening in my head and to try help those around me understand what I was going through.

The idea for this blog came about when I was studying personal training, my goal was to be a personal trainer helping people fight their eating disorders and teaching them how to love themselves however my tutor told me I would struggle to build up a business because eating disorders aren't really talked about and I didn't really want to deal too much with the weight loss side of it which is about 80% of the market. I was talking to my counsellor about it and she suggested starting up a blog to get my story, knowledge and to be able to help people out there.

"I want to inspire people. I want someone to look at me and say "Because of you I didn't give up.""

I'm also hugely inspired by and grateful for Gala Darling a fellow New Zealander who now lives in New York, she started The Radical Self Love Project after also going through Anorexia. Her blog has helped me so much and came to me at point in my recovery where I wanted to give up. Please check her out, she is a queen and has been a teacher of a lot of the self love that I now know.

4. What are you working on at the moment? This post ;) (You did ask!...jokes). I'm currently finishing off a post called Pain Into Power which will be up on Wednesday. I'm also currently reading The Happiness Trap by Dr Russ Harris this was recommended to me by counsellor as I've been going through a bit of hard time the last few months and everything has always come back down to feeling like I'm never good enough and I have never understood why. This book briefly talks about how back in the cave man days what we needed to survive and that we feared being rejected and not being good enough for our tribe because if we were rejected we were more likely to get eaten by our hunters, as the world and society has grown so has that feeling of not being good enough and has morphed into other parts of our world. This has been interesting to learn and there will most likely be a book review on it somewhere down the track.

My Nominees:
Kim: The Thirty Something Life
Ivonne: Crafty Zone...inspire & diy
Millie Rose: Millieerosee
Izzy: Izzy K

I'm loving all the inspiration and positivity these girls share so go check them out! :)

* You are not obligated to post but if you would like to post, I would love to read what you have to say!

If you do want to participate, share your Blog Tour Award post on: Monday June 29th.

With love
Rainbow :) xoxo

26 comments:

  1. Congrats!!! U deserve it!!
    Xoxo

    http://www.sweetsimpleday.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww!! :'D Thank you for the introduction <3 That was really sweet and totally just made my day. I personally really enjoy your blog because I think that you have so much to offer. I think that what you have been through and with being able to over come it and still staying strong while fighting off your demons you have so much positivity that you share and that truly inspires me. I enjoy coming over to your blog and finding that you posted one of your weekly inspirations or currently loving posts<3 Simple little things like that and how you talk about your battles. I just love it all :) I think it is possible for you to follow your dream. I think you'll be able to achieve it and more and I'm so glad that you decided to start your blog with the intention to reach out to other people who have gone through what you have gone through and inspire them to not give up even when the going gets rough. Take care Rainbow <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome! You always leave such beautiful comments and I really love how you take such a genuine and authentic interest and support in others and my blog, the world needs more people like you Crystal! You will go far in life with no matter what you do because of all the beauty and awesomeness you have <3. Nawww thank you so much, you just made my day!!! :) I'm so glad I meet you on here, YOU inspire me Crystal! Thank you for being you! You take care too Crystal! <3

      Delete
    2. Aww :') Thank you!! <3 I worry a little sometimes because my comments are usually the longest and I have this habit of saying more then I should. I love commenting though it's like having a conversation with that person :D but I wonder if the blogger is like ugh not again crystal with your long comments haha. Aww :) well I mean every bit of it <3 I'm glad I met you on here to <3 It's crazy to think how your parents would always say don't talk to strangers on the internet! but I mean it's probably the best thing that was ever invented!

      Delete
    3. I think you will find most bloggers extremely appreciate your responses and interaction! That's the cool thing with strangers is you never know what you will find and it's not always a bad thing as we're taught to believe! :)

      Delete
  3. wow!

    http://carrieslifestyle.wordpress.com

    Posts online about Vienna, Buenos Aires, Auckland...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the nomination, I'll try my best to post it next monday. This post was so interesting and your such a strong and wonderful person. Keep up the fantastic work xxx

    http://izzyk1998.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://izzykreviews.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woohoo can't wait to read it! :D Naww thank you so much Izzy! <3

      Delete
  5. Admire your dedication to inspire others, keep it up!

    Prudence
    www.prudencepetitestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naww thank you so much Prudence! Have a gorgeous day! :)

      Delete
  6. congrats this is awesome

    xx
    tyana
    cityofglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rainbow, thank you for nominating me! You are truly an inspiration to ME as you are so beautiful, positive, unique and inspirational. I absolutely love coming over and reading your new posts and I just love what you have to say. You are truly a wonderful person. Also I have nominated YOU for the Versatile Blogger Award. Have a wonderful day my gorgeous friend! XO -Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you so much Kim, that means a lot! YOU inspire me, you are so caring, genuine and positive and it's contiguous! It truly warms my heart seeing the comments you leave and reading your blog! Keep being the beautiful person that you are Kim! <3 Ooo thank you so much for the nomination! :D Thank you, you have a wonderful day too Kim! :)

      Delete
  8. I really enjoyed reading this post and that book sounds really interesting. Can't wait for the review of it to find out more. Great post.

    LEJA

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the award! I've only just come across your blog and know zero about you, but after reading this, I've already found you exceptionally inspirational. Pain into Power sounds so good; I'll be looking forward to that!

    May x • THE MAYDENbloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naww thank you May! You just brightened by day! :)

      Delete
  10. Eeeep! Congrats on your award! That is soo cool! I love that you're highlighting all this inspiration and positivity to us. Gala Darling sounds amazing, I'm definitely going to check her out. Thank you for this. And I can't wait to read Pain Into Power!

    xx Bash | Bash Says Hey | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much Bash! Gala is definitely an angel to the world! Yay, thank you! :D

      Delete
  11. Oh, I haven't had idea what you came through, it was very moving that you decided to share with us, your readers with your problem with eating disorder, I hope that now everything is ok. And don't worry, we're all feel sometimes like we aren't good enough (yes, that it's my problem too ;)). Btw, thank you for nomination, Rainbow, it means a lot for me :)

    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naww thank you so much Ivonne! I've been in recovery nearly 4.5 years and so much happier, healthier and stronger, still have my ups and downs but don't we all :). Naww you are enough and you're so filled with beauty and kindness! Your welcome, have a gorgeous day Ivonne! :)

      Delete
  12. Really cool hairstyles and colors! Thanks for sharing!

    Prudence
    www.prudencepetitestyle.com

    ReplyDelete