Monday, 13 July 2015

How To Stop Comparing Yourself To Others! #tb


Hey beautiful people! So I've had this blog for 2 years and up until recent months I didn't really know how to promote it besides starting a Facebook page and having friends read it, so I thought it would be a cool idea every now and then to do some throw back posts, I use to do a lot of how to's and positive lists so hopefully they help and inspire you!

Comparing yourself to others is such a negative mindset full of worthlessness, self hate, guilt, jealousy and bitchiness in which you start to hate on yourself, others or even compete against other people to prove a sense of self worth. This is truly not a happy place to be in and can lead to dangerous disorders and behaviours. 

At some point in life and several times during life every person will compare themselves to others and start to feel their insecurities take over. It's ok to feel what you're feeling and it is normal to go through this but it all lies in how you deal with it and how you act. 


So how do you stop comparing yourself to others? Here are my top 5 tips!

My Top 5 Tips On How To Stop Comparing Yourself To Others!

  1. Everyone has a story: Yes every single person in this world has a story! A story of what they've gone through, why they are who they are and why they do what they do... including you! It's so important to realise this and to know everyone is different, has insecurities, talents and are on different paths in their journey. Understanding your own journey is so important too as no one else has gone through exactly what you've gone through so comparing yourself to someone else's life is so irrelevant to where you are in your own. Believing in your journey and understanding that everyone has a story helps you to become less concerned about comparing yourself to others and lets you focus on where you want to go in life and what you want to achieve.
  2. Inspiration: When you compare yourself to someone else it becomes very easy for it to come out as jealousy and hate. Everyone does this at some point but it is not ok! Being jealous and hating on someone isn't going to make them stop or change nor is it going to magically make you have what they have, all it does is show your insecurities and negativity. Every time you start to feel that comparing, jealous and hate rear its ugly head through the door respond with love. Let what they have or do inspire you, complement them, ask them questions about what they have or do and let it motivate you in your goals! Always work on responding with love and letting what others do fill your heart with inspiration. 
  3. Goals/Dreams: What are you goals and dreams? Sit down with a pen, paper, Internet, books, magazines and write it all down no matter how big or small. Plan and make little goals and steps to reach your dreams!
  4. Take action: Your dreams don't work unless you do! Get planning, go out and do! Even when your scared, tired and want to give up, keep moving and doing!
  5. Work hard: Success doesn't know tired, excuses, or comparing yourself to others it only knows hard work. If you happen to fall get back up and keep trying. Surround yourself with loving, positive people who believe in your goals, dreams and will support you. This is your life, your journey so make it everything you want it to be!
Comparing yourself to others is no way to live your life. Believe in your story, in who you are and all the magic inside your heart. Let others inspire you and take action towards your goals, then you will be everything you dream!

With love
Rainbow :) xoxo

45 comments:

  1. Nothing comes out from comparing oneself to others and I learned it the hard way. I overcame it after awhile. All of your tips are great!

    Dice, '96 Wild Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! Yeh it's not an easy thing to get past. Have a lovely day Kandice! :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks Rainbow! I love your idea of writing down your goals and dreams, then they are in a physical form instead of just floating around your head doing nothing and I agree that your dreams won't make themselves come true!

    Catherine
    smileycentral106.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naww thank you Catherine! Have a beautiful day! :)

      Delete
  3. I really like your posts about confidence and self love, they help me. Thank you! :)

    http://sarawritesadiary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naww thank you so much Sara! Have a lovely day! :)

      Delete
  4. Wow! What an amazing and insightful post Rainbow. You nailed it. Everyone is an individual and is a unique human being. There is no need to compare yourself to anyone else. Great point! Creating goals, taking action and working hard are exactly the things that everyone should be working on. Great post!

    astylishlovestory.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you so much Joanna! Have a gorgeous day! :)

      Delete
  5. Fantastic post! Really motivating.

    I hope that you visit my blog too and maybe follow: SPIKED-SOUL.BLOGSPOT.COM :)
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very inspiring post! Loved this! It's hard not to compare yourself to others, but just recall something you accomplished that makes you special. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Http://leftbankgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So very true! Thank you! Have a magical day! :)

      Delete
  7. Such great inspiration! I struggle with this everyday, and I am getting better but it will always be a hard thing. I loved this post!
    WritingMonique

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can relate, I've been going through it recently and had to reread my own words ha! Have a beautiful day Monique! :)

      Delete
  8. Comparing myself to others is something that I am trying to work on. I used to be really bad at it but I started working on it. I'm going to sit down and write all of my goals and ambitions and hang it up on my wall as a reminder. I also want to start working harder, like getting an intern at one of the local new stations or a creative company here in town. All I ever do is be at home and lounge around and compare myself to others. I'll just think to myself why is their life so much fun!! but the thing is I'm not doing anything to change up mine. So that is going to change this year, I'm going to start applying for jobs as well so that I can start saving up money. Ahh this post has made me feel like I'm going to take over the world haha. This is great :D

    -Crystal
    http://crystallizeddaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wooohoo go Crystal! :D Proud of you and I know you can do it! I think we also compare our lows to others highs which social media can be so bad for, I've recently fallen into the comparing stage with my life being on the low side at the moment and it just made me feel even worse so I had to reread my own article lol! You just got to keep making those steps small and big and focusing on yourself! Nawww yay! Have a magical day Crystal! <3

      Delete
    2. haha aww! :D There is nothing better than being able to help yourself out. It's funny how inspirational you can be at one point in your life and go back to read it/see it and feel so inspired again!! Social media is one of the best and worst things that have ever been invented. It's great for socializing but it's also does such a good job at giving us some really high unrealistic expectations. I hope you start feeling better soon <3 I know how hard it can be to pull yourself back up after feeling like you've been put down so low. Sometimes it's us who are our biggest enemies, we need to learn to accept and not be so hard on ourselves for not being like everyone else. To be honest, I prefer the Rainbow-Rose Blossom I know through this blog then some person who seems to have it all. <3 You are one of a kind ;)

      Delete
    3. Naww thank you Crystal! Your comment made my day! <3 I think dairies and blogs are incredible like that, they can remind and inspire us in such beautiful ways.Thank you <3 In times like these it's the small steps that matter, and not letting yourself stay on the ground for too long. I agree just reading your comment was a such the perfect reminder of how far I've come and how well I'm doing in a low time so I can't thank you enough for that! It can't rain forever! ;). Nawww thank so much Crystal! That's one of the things I always want to be and want this blog to be is to show that no one truly has it all and no one's lives are perfect, that image destroys a lot of beauty in peoples hearts and causes a lot of pain. Naww so are you! A beauty of a gem is rare! ;)

      Delete
  9. Thanks for sharing this great inspiration! Sometimes we all really just need that little extra reminder.

    www.wunderbliss.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naww thank you! Have a lovely day Elizabeth! :)

      Delete
  10. I believe that comparing is never a good thing so I think we should stop doing that. We would be happier and we would enjoy life more and live for the moment. I'm really glad that there're posts like this to remind us that we're all perfect in our own way. Great post.

    LEJA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naww thank you Leja, I couldn't agree more! :)

      Delete
  11. This is all so true - it's so easy to compare yourself to others and it never leaves you feeling any better! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that is so true! Have a lovely day! :)

      Delete
  12. This is such a nice post and very helpful for lonely people!

    besos,
    M
    The Flower Duet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naww thank you, have a beautiful day M! :)

      Delete
  13. Such a motivational post! I think everyone needs reminding this from time to time :) I'm also guilty of comparing myself to others occasionally, but it only makes me feel worse and really is such a waste of time

    http://allure-square.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naww thank you! Yes I agree, I've recently been feeling this too and it just gets you nowhere. Have a lovely day! :)

      Delete
  14. 4 and 5 struck me particularly hard- particularly that, for me, success is much more important than being a but tired every now and then. If you don't work hard, you can't just expect success x

    goodmorningbelle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree Vicky! Have a gorgeous day! :)

      Delete
  15. A BIG THANK YOU FOR THIS POST!!! XXX
    You've literally nailed it on the head there (p.s. I'm stealing that picture as a reminder)
    I've literally read everything over and over again
    I cannot thank you enough I'm literally being inspired today

    itsjustwinnie.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naww your welcome Winnie! Haha go for it! ;) Naww so glad I could help!!! Have a magical day Winnie! :)

      Delete
  16. I can't agree with you more, Rainbow, I think that most of the people has this problem (so do I), but when I find myself comparing my little person with someone else I try to not envy and if I know that this person is better than me it's very motivational, because then I work on myself to be as good as this person as well :)

    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So very true Ivonne! Have a beautiful day! :)

      Delete
  17. i constantly compare myself to other people, but i'm trying to stop. this post is a wonderful reminder of how to do that. thank you(:

    http://hellokuo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could help Kuo! Have a gorgeous day! :)

      Delete
  18. Rainbow, I loved this! I was actually talking to my hubby about this just yesterday, how easy it is to see only what society wants us to interpret as beautiful and how easily you can get sucked in. Those are great tips and I love that you are a reminder and such a positive force! You are amazing! XO -Kim
    www.thethirtysomethinglife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is crazy, when you're young you're oblivious to that kind of thing with such freedom of imagination and being whatever you want and then at a certain age it just starts to creep in and you can't get away from it. It really is so sad to see all the damage it creates in people. Naww thank you kim, YOU are amazing! <3

      Delete
  19. Thanks for this post, very up lifting.
    http://amanda-speroni.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  20. you go Girl

    http://carrieslifestyle.com
    Posts online about Mannheim, Dubai, Egypt...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this! I've considered bringing back some older posts back too from the days of less blog traffic. I loved #1 on your list; one of my favorite quotes is something along the lines of "you can't hate anyone once you know their story." XO
    -Lauren Blair
    www.prefertobedemure.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally should! It's such a great way to put them to use! :D YES! So very true! <3

      Delete