Thursday, 9 July 2015

Versatile Blogger Award!


A big thank you to Kim from The Thirty Something Life for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award. Kim is such an angel and genuine soul who writes about beauty and shares different parts of her life, I just adore her so go check her out!

The rules for the Versatile Blogger Award are as follows:
-Thank the person who gave you this award.
-Include a link to their blog.
-Select 15 blogs/bloggers that you've recently discovered or follow regularly. *(I'm going to do 10 cause I'm a rebel and rules are meant to be broken ;D)
-Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
-Tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.

7 Things About Me:
  1. I was tested for being a midget when I was younger and my nickname growing up was midge-mouse.
  2. This blog use to be called Rainbow-Rose's Land of Magic after my bucket list, meaning life is a land of magic with so many things to do, see, achieve and explore. I changed it to my name so my blog appealed to a broader range of people and so it didn't sound so young.
  3. My birth name was Jenna, I legally changed my name 2 weeks after turning 18. You can read the story here if you wish.
  4. I studied hairdressing for a year when I was 16 and got my personal training certificate at 19.
  5. I'm an introvert and love to spend a lot of time by myself however I turn into an extrovert during one on one conversations with someone I know really well or in a small group of people I know really well.
  6. My favourite movies are Ferngully, Titanic and The Duchess of Devonshire.
  7. I had my first kiss at 16 and 3/4.
My Nominees:
  • Crystal from Crystallized Daisies. Crystal is a gem with a kind genuine heart who shares bits and pieces from her life which we can all enjoy and learn from.
  • Marianne from My Happy Bubble. I love all the positivity Marianne shares and her quotes are just the best and I'm sure you'll enjoy them too!
  • Lauren from Prefer To Be Demure. This girls style... oh my you just have to see!
  • Just A Bubble. I really adore the "Glimpse Of Me Tag" Just A Bubble did and reading her thoughts on different things.
  • Catherine from Smiley Central. I love what Catherine has to say and I'm sure we can all take something positive away from her blog.
  • Bryony from Coffee At Midnight. I love all the fashion and beauty awesomeness Bryony shares.
  • Vicky from Never Grow UpI'm loving Vicky's Dear Dot series leading up to her 18th so cute, inspiring and a must read.
  • Tyana from City Of Glitter. I love reading about Tyana's adventures and seeing all the fashion bits and pieces she shares.
  • Kuo from Hello Kuo. I just adore Kuo's style and reading her bits of positivity she writes.
  • Sara from State of Mind. Beauty, fashion and style what's not to love about Sara's blog?!?!
Do the tag if you ladies wish if not it's all good!

With love
Rainbow :) xoxo

33 comments:

  1. Thank you for the tag! :'D I love doing tags and thank for the kind words <3 I just read the post you did on why you had the name change and it just makes me love your name even more <3 I love that it symbolizes growth and change in your life. I think that was such an awesome thing that you did and I also love that you took time to really think about something that you felt fit you and had meaning to you. You also make me want to go and watch Portia's interview with Oprah :D haha I'm the same with being an introvert but turning into an extrovert with people I'm comfortable with, it's just easy to let go and be more care free that way :) Confession: I'm 18 and have not had my first kiss yet but to be honest I'm not really in any hurry the time will come when it comes you know :) Loved the tag, I'll try to get mine up soon.

    -Crystal
    http://crystallizeddaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG!! By the way I just clicked on the link to the trailer for Ferngully and I totally forgot about that movie!! :O :D I think we might have that movie in VHS I'm going to see if we do so I can watch it :D

      Delete
    2. No worries! :) Naww thank you so much! Portia's interview is definitely worth the watch and her book Unbearable Lightness is a great read too, I just love her and Ellen together, their two great people who have gone through so much. Horray for introverts! :D I love that you're not in a hurry, I use to be really ashamed when I was like 15/16 that I hadn't had mine but I agree with you everything happens at the right time and in the end I actually liked that I waited longer it makes it that bit more special and exciting! Hahaha YES!!! :D It's such a good movie! I remembered it a few years back and it kept coming into my brain of fairies jumping in puddles and their blue and green glows but I couldn't think of the name and no one around me did until I asked someone who was a movie buff. I've watched it more times as a teen/adult then I did as a child lol! Worth a rewatch for sure! :D Can't wait to read your tag!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations!! Such a lovely post and thank you so much for nominating me! xx :)

    http://sarawritesadiary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice post! Congratulations! It was nice getting to know all those things about you Rainbow. Hope you have a great week:)

    astylishlovestory.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naww thank you so much Joanna! You too! :D

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the nomination Rainbow! It's amazing to have my little blog on your amazing blog! I hope you have an amazing day and I hope you enjoy reading my Versatile Blogger Award when it comes out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naww thank you, you blog is amazing too! Naww I hope you have a great day too Catherine and can't wait to read it! :D

      Delete
  5. Thank you very much for the nomination! I super appreciate it considering how obsessed I've been with your blog lately- honestly, reading your posts puts me in a super great mood <3 I adore the reason you changed your name! I love how it shows growth and strength- you're such a good egg. Have an ace day!

    goodmorningbelle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome! :D Nawww thank you so much Vicky that just made me smile! <3 Awww thank you so much for such a beautiful comment! Have a lovely day too! :)

      Delete
  6. Thank you so so much for the nomination <3 I will definitely do this :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the award <3 I also studied hair dressing but never completed the full course, I did enjoy it however xx

    Jenny | Krystel Couture

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm with you there, it was fun but sometimes life takes you in a different direction! Have a beautiful day Jenny! :)

      Delete
  8. Wow, I forgot about the movie Ferngully! What a classic. Loved reading this!

    ~Lor @ lovelyandcozy.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved reading your facts, I always love to get to know more about you my beautiful friend! Hope you are having an amazing week!!! XO -Kim
    www.thethirtysomethinglife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naww thank you so much Kim and thank you for the tag once again! Hope you're having an amazing week too! <3

      Delete
  10. Congratulations for the blogger award! :D

    Dice, '96 Wild Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kandice! Have a lovely day! :)

      Delete
  11. Congratulations!~
    I LOVED Ferngully when I was young, even though it gave me nightmares the first couple times I watched it. Thank you for reminding me to go watch it again-haha!

    www.thethingislemons.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Haha good old Hexxus, the toxic love part still creeps me out a bit! Your welcome, it's such a good movie! Have a beautiful day Elyse! :)

      Delete
  12. loooooove your blog!!! FOLLOWED!

    Hope you're well!

    http://sarah96x.blogspot.co.uk/

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naww thank you so much Sarah! <3 Have a gorgeous day! :)

      Delete
  13. Awww thank you so much for the nomination ! That's really made me smile :) I actually just saw it when I came over to your blog to let you know I've nominated you for the Sisterhood of bloggers award haha :)
    You can find it here : http://myhappybubblexx.blogspot.co.uk/

    lots of love, Marianne xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woohoo thank you Marianne! It shall be up next week! :D

      Delete
  14. great award!

    check out my blog + follow back?

    xo,
    Jess | wildvagabondss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on getting nominated and thanks for sharing the 7 things about you!

    Prudence
    www.prudencepetitestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loved learning more about you!!! I'm definitely going to click on the link about your name change. Thank you again for the nomination! I may not keep the string going because I get so nervous about excluding people haha, but I SUPER appreciate the shoutout!!!! XO
    -Lauren Blair
    www.prefertobedemure.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naww thank you!!! No worries, your blog is truly awesome! It's only if you want to take part totally all good if ya don't! :)

      Delete