Monday, 17 August 2015

10 Tips To Deal With A Rough Time!

  1. Support people: Call upon your support people, sometimes you just need to talk it out and have someone listen to your pain and have them reassure you that everything's going to be okay and to give you a hug. These people are truly angels.
  2. Random acts of kindness: Whether it's sending a text to family or a friend with a happy message, giving a gift, leaving a $5 note in a library book or simply thanking someone for being who they are, random acts of kindness can brighten not only someone else's day but yours too.
  3. Music: Need cheering up? Need something to relate too? Feel angry? There is always a song for anything you're feeling, sometimes music is the only thing that understands just what you're going through.
  4. Exercise: Get angry, pissed off, frustrated and put that into a workout...lifting, running, boxing etc. Plus the endorphins that come from working out will uplift your mood and be a positive release!
  5. Cry: Sometimes you just need a cry... a massive dramatic breakdown cry, let it all out baby!. Bottling it up will only make it worse in the long term.
  6. Fluffy animals: Nothing like the love, energy and heart of a fluffy creature to cuddle up too.
  7. Write it out: Get a pen and paper and write it all down, rip it up and throw it away.
  8. Counselling: Asking for help is a sign of strength and you don't always have all the answers, help and support you need. Even if it's for a few sessions check in with a counsellor and open up. You have to do the internal work but the knowledge and help you get may just be exactly what you need. 
  9. Take a moment: STOP... in the middle of a storm there can seem no way out and everything is wrong, bad and dark, take a moment to really look at the situation, what's happening, who you are and who do you want to be?. See it like a friend is going through what you are... what praises, reminders and advice would you give them?.  
  10. Gratitude list: When life's storms are raging on or the seas are rough sometimes we can forget what blessings we do have and that others would only dream of having. Get a piece of paper and pen and write a list of all the things you're grateful for to remind yourself what you do have going for you.
With love
Rainbow :) xoxo

48 comments:

  1. I love these!!! My favourite is probably the random acts of kindness one because it really boosts you confidence when you are kind! I also like your tip to just cry, it helps!
    smileycentral106.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen to that Catherine! Have a beautiful day! :)

      Delete
  2. Whenever I feel really stressed working out helps so much! Once you get your blood pumping you feel so much better and the negative weight is lifted off your shoulders.
    This is a great list, I'm actually going to print it out and post it on my fridge for those difficult days. Thank you :)

    www.lindseyginge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hell yes!!! Naww yay, glad I could help! Thank you! Have a gorgeous day Elyse! :)

      Delete
  3. This is a great list! It is very important to count your blessings for sure and exercise is always good. Thank you for sharing

    astylishlovestory.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tips! I like to listen to music when ever I feel down or stressed.

    Florals&Smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Have a lovely day Kelsey and Kenecha! :)

      Delete
  5. thanks rainbow. reading your blog always puts a smile back to me.
    these are great times to bring me up on bad days. <3

    everything magical
    www.wanyyg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naww, that makes me smile! Glad I could help and big hugs! Have a beautiful day! :)

      Delete
  6. This is another great post dear !!! I love it! I think the write it up and crying its the best, but ofcourse I like to deep relaxing with a great movie or a walk...or talk to my best friend - sister ♥
    have a great day my dear :***
    thank you so much for your nice comment on my blog :*** ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naww thank you Joanna! A walk always helps! Have a lovely day! :)

      Delete
  7. These tips are so precious, thanks for sharing! Definitely agree that asking for help is a sign of strength and we should seek them whenever needed!

    Prudence
    www.prudencepetitestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree! Have a wonderful day Prudence! :)

      Delete
  8. I love these, really great tips! 5 and 6 are definitely my most used x

    http://heart-autumn.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Animal love for the win! Have a gorgeous day Emma! :)

      Delete
  9. Great post! I agree with all of these :)

    Amani x
    www.amanilyrical.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Have a beautiful day Amani! :)

      Delete
  10. Great tips! Thank you for sharing ~
    I would listen to music and try to talk w my best friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a lovely post <3
    http://littlemortal1.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I totally agree with your tips, especially with the first one - having support people nearby is really important in our bad days, because sometime the best advice with dealing with some rough time is talking about this and knowing that we'll be listening and understanding :)

    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So very very true! Ivonee! Have a magical day! ;D

      Delete
  13. These are all such great tips! I will definitely be writing them down in my journal as a reminder. On days when I'm feeling down I like to just take a moment and breathe. I think breathing exercises are seriously so underrated because they can really help with a lot of things especially stress and anxiety. I actually did a presentation on proper breathing for my public speaking class haha. People were probably a bit confused as to why I was talking about something that everyone does without even thinking, but once I went on they got the hang of it and realized how important it is. Ugh! Yes! Music is the best when it comes to situations like this. You can listen to sad music and have a little cry or you can dance around to upbeat music to relieve the built up emotion. Random acts of kindness is something I want to start doing more of. Bring that I start school back up again tomorrow I've decided that I wanted to make a change. I want to just start fresh and be happier :)

    http://crystallizeddaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree Crystal! I often forget about breathing exercises because my mind is so overwhelmed with everything but they truly are a great way to calm and reset yourself, I really need to try doing them more actually! Thank you for reminding me! <3 We would be lost in a world without music! You go girl, you can do it! Sometimes you just need a fresh beginning to let go and start again! Happy first day hope it's a beautiful one! <3

      Delete
  14. Its a great tips, especially like a tip abour cry, you are so right!
    Like a lot your blog dear so I am your new follower, hope you follow back and we stay in touch!
    Happy week!

    ALISA GROMOVA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Have a wonderful day Alisa! :)

      Delete
  15. Really great list! #2 is my favorite! XO
    -Lauren Blair
    www.prefertobedemure.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Have a beautiful day Lauren! <3

      Delete
  16. Random acts of kindness has definitely be one of the easiest cures to sadness ^__^

    Linxnee-Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen sister! Have a gorgeous day Linnie! :)

      Delete
  17. Wow such great tips will keep this all in mind.

    Lou of Steal the Style
    Follow me via GFC I always follow back <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are such a gorgeous girl, inside and out. Your posts always put me into the best mood ^.^ xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naww why thank you, so are you! You always make me smile! Have a gorgeous day Katelyn! <3

      Delete
  19. Such a lovely post! I love the random acts of kindness one xx

    Pop over to my blog :)

    Sarah
    https://everydayconcepts.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hope you had amazing day, Rainbow ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ivonne! Hope you have an amazing day too! :)

      Delete
  21. I loved all these tips! You are such an inspiration, I love that you can always see positivity in this world and that you share it with us. You are such an amazing person Rainbow, I hope you are having a wonderful week so far! XO -Kim
    www.thethirtysomethinglife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naww thank you Kim! You always brighten my day! You are such a genuine person! Have a gorgeous day Kim! <3

      Delete
  22. All so helpful, especially #'s 2, 5 and 6. Fluffy animals have the magical ability to solve so many problems!
    XO Amanda | Sans Scrubs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do indeed! Have a beautiful day Amanda! :)

      Delete