Wednesday, 22 June 2016

Forgiving Yourself!


Sometimes one of the hardest things to do is to be able to forgive yourself but by not dealing with it, it finds a little patch inside your soul and slowly eats away at it if it hasn't already spread like wild fire. By holding on to your pain, running away, tucking it away, numbing it out it will eventually destroy every fibre of your soul and life and then some.  

We are all humans who make mistakes no one is perfect and well sometimes we believe in untrue beliefs and we blame and utterly hate ourselves for things that were out our control and truthfully wasn't our fault. At times we don't even know how to forgive ourselves, just like letting go is a process so is forgiving ourselves, it takes acknowledgement, openness, breaking down untrue beliefs, a lot of time, work and healing.

Truthfully I struggle with forgiveness in any form partly because I don't like what it stands for in it's traditional sense "typical me ;)" and also that in a traditional sense it feels like forgiveness should be instant?!?!... That doesn't work for me just as I'm sure it doesn't for many others. A few things that have helped me in the process of forgiving myself over the years are:
  • Writing a letter to myself as a child
  • Standing in a mirror butt naked telling myself "I deeply and completely love, forgive and accept myself"
  • Gala Darling's 100 Ways You Can Start Loving Yourself Right Now She totally gave me the ideas for the 2 above ;) QUEEN I TELL YOU!
  • Good old therapy (Coming from a girl who hated therapy ha!) It might take a few people to find someone who really can and does help you!
If you are in need to forgive yourself here's a reminder to start the process because after all you are worth it! <3

With magic from me to you
Rainbow :) xoxo

5 comments:

  1. I love the "writing a letter" to yourself as a child! We could all use a little of this. And I 100% agree with you about the finding the right person for therapy. Once you do - you won't turn back! Forgiveness is essential and a great way to grow as a person :)

    -Lor // acozyspace.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post! No one is perfect and that is okay.

    Florals&Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, Rainbow! It's very important to accept who you are as a person... because you're never going to have the chance to live a life without the body you're in. Personally, I love self-help books so the 100 ways you can start loving yourself right now sounds right up my alley!

    Lindsey Elyse | lindseyginge

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lot of the times we end up being hard on ourselves for different things. It can be bad when we start to think we are the cause of whatever issues we might have. I just love your inspirational post and that quote is amazing! :) The letter to yourself is such a positive idea to really help someone so much. http://www.bauchlefashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely struggle with "forgiving" myself when I don't accomplish all the things I aim to. I feel like a failure and I struggle with that. You always have the best ideas and you are always so encouraging and positive, it's why you're one of my most favorite people ever! XO -Kim

    ReplyDelete