Monday, 18 July 2016

When You Hurt Yourself Over Being Hurt...



So often we can blame ourselves for thinking there is something wrong with us or that it is our fault when someone hurts us.

Honestly THIS played a part in what drove my eating disorder and cutting in which when my friends ran away from me during break times at high school, if a friend hurt me or a guy I was interested in ended up choosing someone else or did something that hurt me or if someone hurt me in general it was because "it was my fault, I wasn't good enough, I was a disgusting worthless piece of shit" it drove the demon in mind, it drove the urges to restrict, to cut and to hate myself even more than I did.  

Overtime I've come to realise that if someone mistreats and hurts you intentionally it's more to do with them than it has anything to do with you, it's a reflection of their character and not yours. To be able to see that and to recognise that is at times really hard but also eye opening and well sometimes people unintentionally hurt you (like we all do to others at times) and yet that still doesn't really have much to do with you either. I think at times we all need to have this reminder including me and to take our pain and put into a healthy outlet.

Please don't stop being you openly and freely because it is beautiful, you are beautiful and the world needs more of it.

With magic from me to you
Rainbow :) xoxo

6 comments:

  1. Great post Rainbow! I think we've all experienced a similar feeling when in our lives. Especially between the ages of 12-17 it can be very rough. This can be a hard thing to realize, and it's really too bad we can't understand it sooner.

    Lindsey Elyse | lindseyginge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah those ages are rough for sure, totally agree! <3

      Delete
  2. I love the main message of your post, Rainbow - if someone mistreats and hurts you it means you're not guily of this situation, because there is nothing wrong nor weird with you, it's all about these people, who hurts you, they have a problem, not you. Great post, dear!

    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ivonne! Sending love and hugs your way! <3 xoxo

      Delete
  3. Love this post! It's definitely a reminder all teens need, but unfortunately at that age, many of us are into moulding ourselves to fit in with social conformities, rather than just being who we are!!

    Pop over to my blog!

    Sarah
    sarahinks.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that really needs to change #SelfLoveForTheWin ;D

      Delete