Wednesday, 6 July 2016

You Can Fall Back, So Try To Step Outside!

https://nz.pinterest.com/pin/111675265737521493/

Someone once told me I could always go back if I wanted to in relation to my eating disorder and talking about recovery... it was true at any point I could just give up on the idea of recovery and fall back into the arms of my eating disorder. This conversation has helped me in many parts of my journey to keep pushing through the hard points, it gave me a sense of security and safety to know I had something to fall back on to if I went outside the lines and it didn't work.  

The times my mind has been filled with anxiety, intense urges to restrict, throw away food, cut and carry out OCD rituals and I've pushed through or "stepped outside the lines" I've always carried with me "I can always go back" it's been one of the things that has helped me in times of complete darkness, it's helped me to break brick walls that I thought were impossible. It's also helped me to have faith and well truthfully at times I've also had to fall backwards because it was all too much but that's okay because falling is part of the process.      

I hope "I can always go back" can help someone out there like it has done for me in times of darkness and/or to step outside the lines.

With magic from me to you
Rainbow :) xoxo

8 comments:

  1. XOXOXOXOXOXOXO I hope you feel better from being down! I've said it before and I'll say it again, but you're so amazing for putting all of these powerful messages and personal stories out there! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lauren, I truly appreciate it! <3 xoxo

      Delete
  2. You're simply amazing, Rainbow!! You've come so far...become so much wiser, beautiful and enlightening to others! Don't ever change...and please keep sharing your story. It's so inspiring! Cheers!! :)

    -Lor // acozyspace.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lor, you are such a beauty and I truly appreciate you and your words! <3 xoxo

      Delete
  3. Your outfit is amazing! I love the 80s style for modern day! It is chic and I think you are very inspiring to share such a personal story like this with us. It says a lot about you as a person and is very nice to see. You look amazing to by the way ;) http://www.bauchlefashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naww thank you Heather, I really appreciate that! Hope you are having a gorgeous day! <3 xoxo

      Delete
  4. You know if you ever need to talk Rainbow I am here to listen! You are so amazing and I love that you found a mantra to help you, and it's a great one! I actually read a book quite recently on BED (Binge Eating Disorder) that had the same sort of motto. To constantly push your boundaries because you can always go back, but most of the time, you achieve things you never thought possible but crossing those lines. Love you my dear friend, take care! XO -Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crossing the line is where it is at, I swear most of us humans hate going out of our comfort zone lol! Love you too Kim! <3 xoxo

      Delete