Monday, 7 November 2016

Static Is Sometimes Progress...

http://rainbow-roseblossom.tumblr.com/image/144641247381

Life and a recovery can be like a game of Chinese Checkers... at times you can make leaps and bounds forward, sometimes it's baby steps, other times you end up going backwards to go forwards and well sometimes staying where you are and not losing your progress is better than going backwards when forwards for whatever reason isn't happening.

I was talking to someone the other day and she pointed out something very relevant and helpful in relation to a recovery process... just to be able to maintain progress that has been made and maintain a recovery in a hard and triggering time is huge, while it isn't forwards... it isn't backwards either. Sometimes staying static is the best place until the path is a bit clearer to be able to go forth because at times going forth isn't necessarily always a possibility, is working out or is too much at that very moment in time. 

Anyone in a place of recovery will most likely tell you how hard it is to override urges and not fall into self destruction during trigger times... let alone trying to move forward XD. I think to maintain progress in trying and triggering times whether in a recovery process or not is an art form in it's self and one that can take a lot to master especially for many people in a recovery yet in my opinion I still think it's a step forward...(funnily enough one I don't give my self enough credit for at times)... perhaps one that is bit more silent than others but one that still makes a huge positive impact eventually.

With magic from me to you
Rainbow :) xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I loved this, Rainbow! It seems every day (or...maybe every other day?) I'm telling myself things like this. It can never hurt to hear it once more! Like they say, life is a journey, right? Have a great day, Rainbow! :)

    -Lor
    acozyspace.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe RIGHT! ;) Thank you Lor and I hope you are having a great day too! <3 xoxo

      Delete