Wednesday, 14 December 2016

Iris!


"And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am"

I love the song "Iris" by the Goo Goo Dolls and have for some time, the lyrics above I've most definitely felt connected to, I use to be ashamed of myself for being different and not fitting in... not being "pretty and popular". I hated myself for it and destroyed myself over it, now funnily enough being different and who I am and wanting the world to see me for that and to inspire and change the world with who I am are some of the strong reasons I keep myself in recovery and keep fighting.

If you hate yourself, are ashamed of who you are, don't fit in and/or don't want the world to see you please know that, that can change in such a positive way in which I know how unattainable and unreachable that can seem, please know that society is the ugly one not you and that's why this world needs you to be you and to see you for who you are so we can knock down the walls and lies it's built and create a better place for us all and future generations. Please also know that I am standing and fighting with and by you along with many other people... you are not alone. <3

With magic from me to you
Rainbow :) xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Iris is my all time favorite song in the entire world! That song just hits me in the feels <3 especially because it speaks such truths! You are who you are and you can't change that, you shouldn't change that. People will always judge you no matter what so it's better to be judged for being you then to be judged for trying to be something else and hiding your true colors. Like the song by Alesia Cara says "you don't have to change a thing, the world can change it's heart"

    ReplyDelete